A Production Needed order should be selected when the order needs audio (a "spot") to be produced by in-house Production resources.
When Production Needed is selected, the workflow steps are created and represented as tabs on the order screen.
Production Needed Order Tabs
- Order: Basic information about the order, typically submitted by the Account Executive.
- Assignments: Where the Production Manager assigns tasks to other members of the team.
- Script: Where a writer can submit a script for approval and/or recording.
- Record: Houses the creative details for the VO Talent / Producer to record their audio elements; this is where the final produced audio is uploaded.
- Continuity: Once the Production Manager has made assignments, the task of assigning a cart number (in this tab) can be performed
- Dubbing: A team member verifies the produced audio has been added to the on-air playout system and marks it"dubbed" - signifying the spot ordered is now "In Production"
The Continuity Tab
The tasks in each order tab are dependent upon the tasks in the preceding tab being completed. For example, the tasks in the Assignments tab cannot be completed until the Order is submitted. Or, the tasks in the Record tab can't be completed until a script has been added to the Script tab. There is one exception to this rule: the task of assigning a cart number (which happens in the Continuity tab for a Production Needed order) can be completed as soon as Assignments have been made by the Production Manager.
When creating an order, the Account Executive may choose to require approval for the Script or Recording. When selected, these steps are added to the order workflow, and additional tabs - Script Review and/or Spot Review - are generated.
When Production Provided is selected, the workflow steps are also created and represented as tabs on the order screen. There are many fewer steps to this workflow.
Production Provided Order Tabs
- Order: Basic information about the order, typically submitted by the Account Executive; includes the option to add the audio file if already available
- Continuity: For a "Production Provided" order this tab is where the cart number is assigned, the produced audio file is uploaded and the Dubber assignment is made.
- Dubbing: A team member verifies the produced audio has been added to the on-air playout system and marks it "dubbed" - signifying the spot ordered is now "In Production"